untitled

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Extrapolation

Longing is what I feel when I look at the red suitcase
It sits here right next to my bed, big and ready
Seeming as eager as I am to head back home
with an i-know-i-am-important air in its redness
like it knows it carries the hundredthousand gifts I have bought for you.

---
Sleepless, tonight seems to be.
And I lay here extrapolating.

The boomerang could keep us occupied all day at the hilltop fort
After every sunset, could we cycle back home
Fill our days would laughs and shrieks
merriness merriness and more.

Said you with the goodbye
that you are only a call away.

Were the ground beneath my feet to tremble,
how long would it take to telephone you, Sire?
Hardly minutes, my dear girl, a few

Were the ground beneath my feet to tremble and crumble down,
what would happen to the big red suitcase with the 1001000 gifts?
It could stand the weight of elephants, ten
till a mighty ship will sail it back home


A father that wants to pat my back, proud and a brother.
A friend here and a friend there-
with a story to narrate or a song to sing
with a movie to catch or a play to watch
or with a drink to share on a stupid night in the children's play area.
All just a call away, really?
A sister that counts down the number of days
with as much excitement as we had counted the 2006 FIFA down.
A mother that waits for octoberthefifth right from julythefourth.

My heart sinks.

In my frenzy, flash they all,
pictures and pictures, many ~
a firefly-lit night
and a hewydewy morning.
Hearing to the lubdadubdubs from the expanse of his chest,
with my ear down, laying;
across his face and mine, hands, tiny, running.
babylaughs in our ears, resounding,
a blue jay catnapping
and the sound of a morning bud blooming.

My heart sinks again.
And again, times many.

Were the ground beneath my feet to tremble
So would I would I would I.
Were the ground beneath my feet to crumble down
So would I would I would I.
Lest the unsaid remain unsaid and the undone, undone
the pending, pending and the denied, denied,
Tell me, fool, for once, that sinketh does your heart too

---

6.4, it today was.

In the noon,when the earth shook,
Hurriedly did I reach for my cellphone.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep Going....Dont Stop at whatever condition...May god bless you

K said...

Hope you are safe !
(The post confirms that you are, but still :p)
And my gift from among the 1001000 others !

Anonymous said...

Now I know whats the meaning of extrapolation, stupid me.

Anonymous said...

The comment that was not left on your post, that is generally mine. I don't know why this time I break a rule? not really, just a flimsy whim.
And I think were the ground beneath my feet to tremble, would I know how to dial.

Sanaha said...

@anonymous above, i like your flimsywhimming